DeNeve Plaza Room A&B
Thursday, July 12, 2012
5:00 pm -8:00 pm
The poster session will be juried. There will be prizes for 1st place winner and 2 honorable mentions. The winners will have their posters exhibited at the SAA Beyond Borders Conference in August 2012.
Poster presenters should prepare a poster with dimensions of 4′ wide x 3′ high (48″ x 36″) and have a foam board backing to support its upright position. Easels will be provided at UCLA campus. Poster presenters will have time on Thursday July 12, between 1:00-4:30 pm to set up their poster in DeNeve Plaza Room A&B. Presenters will be required to pick up their posters promptly after 8:00 pm. If posters are not picked up by 8:30 pm, they will be thrown away.
There are options to print posters near UCLA campus. Please contact Ellen-Rae at aeri (at) gseis.ucla.edu if you want to take advantage of local poster printing services.
List of Poster Presenters
- Jihyun Kim: A content analysis of archival institution blogs in the U.S.
- Joanne Mihelcic: Review of Extensive Interdisciplinary Stakeholder Engagement during the first year of the Storyline Project
- Hye-Eun Lee: Developing Standards for Korean Antique Map Description.
- Amber Cushing: ‘Archival logic’: the identification of archival principles in maintaining digital possessions for a digital legacy
- Donghee Sinn: Collaborative Education between Classroom and Workplace for the
Archival Arrangement and Description Course: Aiming for Sustainable Professional Training
- Jenny Bunn: Question of Autonomy in the field of Cybernetics and its Development.
- Elaine Goh: Strengthening the Regulatory Framework in a Digital Environment: A Review of archives Legislation
- Noah Lenstra: Findings from Digital Local and Family History Workshops
- Amalia Levi: Crossing Borders: Reconceptualizing Archives Beyond Ethnic Belongings
- Angela Murillo: Examining one dataset made publically available on Dryad that examines data sharing in a Scientific Community1
- Alex Poole: “Digging Into Data” Projects as Case Studies to Assess Current Efforts In The Construction of Cyberinfrastructure in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Lorraine Dong: Role of record subject agency in determining how legacy institutional records are used in an archival environment
- Patricia Galloway: Student Management of Personal Digital Materials: A Three-Year Sample
- Kathryn Pierce: Practices and Processes within Architectural Firms and the Resulting Artifacts as Evidence of Knowledge Production
- Ciaran Trace: Report on Findings from Research Project: Augmented Processing Table: Documenting and Enhancing the Processing of Historical Collections of Cultural Material
- Rebecka Sheffield: Toward the Development of a Research Framework for Community-Based Archival Initiatives
- Rebecca Frank: Disaster Planning Activities of Several Digital Repositories
- Laura Wynholds: Mapping the Complex Digital and Physical artifacts that would constitute an Archive of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey
- Jane Gruning: Viruses in the Archives
- Carol Brock: Creating a Strategy for Building a State Electronic Records Program
- Sarah Buchanan: Developing Practice-Based Research in Community Archives